Tuesday 13 December 2011

13.12.11 Pirelli 2012 Calendar

Before I start talking about the new Pirelli calendar I have to say how happy I am today as my not so little anymore, little sister is 18! She's always been my best friend and as we have so much in common she's always happy to listen to my frequent rants, interesting yet useless information and any news of Eddie Izzard as I follow his progress around the world hoping for another tour soon! So (even if she doesn't read my blog!) CONGRATULATIONS ISABEL BROTHERS a fantastic sister and soon to be an illustrative arts student! I wish her all the luck for the future and hope she always knows her big sis is always there for her, sparing a watchful eye anytime I can!

Back to business-the new Pirelli calendar was released recently for its VIP's and I've had a sneak peak at photographer Mario Sorrenti's wonderful images. Funnily enough this is Sorrenti's first time working with Pirelli and is following high profile names such as Karl Lagerfeld, Mario Testino, Annie Leibovitz, Bruce Weber, and Terry Richardson. The Pirelli Calendar is published annually, and regularly features famous actresses and fashion models, this year is no exception featuring Kate Moss, Milla Jovovich and many more huge names in modelling. Sorrenti commented that....

"I always thought about taking clothes off as a way of getting closer to the individual and the person, and of getting something that was more honest and pure, Kate I’ve known for 20 years. I can’t do this without her." 



These image are my favourite from the selection I've seen of the collection, I'm not overly fond of the black and white images included in the calendar but really love the first three colour shots, the body in the landscape has always been an interesting concept to me and of course aesthetically the locations a models are stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment