Tuesday 24 January 2012

24.01.2012 Erik Wahlstrom - Stockholm Fashion Week Magazine

A while ago I came across this series made by Erik Wahlstrom for the Stockholm Fashion Week Magazine and found a lot of them very engaging. I feel some are a little samey! But I love the simple styling and natural feel to the images.

"The magazine wanted a full on animal shoot, with the theme taken very literally, but I steered the other way. I had the rather disturbing thought - what if all the animals where gone, what if young people only had learned about horses, dogs and foxes through text books and museums? I wanted to do a story about a gang of youngsters, dressed in urban city wear, but with abstract animal references thrown in. A bunny tattoo on the arm, a feather here, a fox tail attached to the cap, all as a shadow of what once was." 
 
The series was produced with a Mamiya 645 and a Contax G2 on Portra 400 film.

No comments:

Post a Comment