Thursday 4 October 2012

04.10.2012 Giulio Sarchiola


Giulio Sarchiola's work first came to my attention after some surgery I had to have over the summer. In my disabled state, living on my parents sofa and surviving off painkillers I had plenty of time to surf the web! Clinical Zone, which was awarded the best portfolio at the Festival FotoGrafia of Rome 2009 triggered an instant interest within me. The similarity of the sterile location and the eerie feeling you get when in a hospital was cleverly conveyed in this interesting documentary piece that feels so familiar yet very compelling. I find it very refreshing to find documentary projects which aren't focused around poverty and war and actually relate in some small way to a particular situation or feeling in one person, I have always felt that, like in music, a photograph has the ability to connect to all types of people who can the read and relate the piece to their own emotions and Clinical Zone had this effect on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment