Tuesday 21 January 2014

12.01.14 New Year Inspiration

I'm not one to make a resolution for the new year (excluding the diet and many other changes I'm currently struggling through!) but have made it a priority now to get out and take photo's. I'm ashamed to say it had been a while and I thought long and hard about getting the drive to pick up the camera and although I had lots of ideas I still felt uninspired. I eventually realised that I needed to go back to the beginning and find out what really excited me about photography when I first began as a child. This did not take much figuring out, as a child I would be given a disposable camera on holiday, which was almost always camping with my grandparents or travelling around the south of England with my parents and sisters.

I decided therefore to head out into the countryside and simply take photo's. It became abundantly clear within minutes of my walk that once I started, I was unlikely to stop! With my poor boyfriend stopping at every turn to photograph a stick I dragged him around Moors Valley country park with my digital and analogue camera bags slung about me.

It really was a beautiful day (if not a little frosty!) and I have to thank Alex for being such a sport and trailing around after me for hours, being my lens holder or baggage man!

Below are some of the digital images I shot (35mm to come).




I found this outing very refreshing. At university I'd felt under pressure to create something for everyone else and I have a new feeling of freedom knowing that now I am my own photographer, I am being creative for me and photography makes me feel magical. 

I have decided that I will continue my rambles while I raise enough money to repair my broken cameras, especially my medium format as working with film really fascinates me at the moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment