Sunday 28 November 2010

28/11/2010 Sandy Kim

I've decided that as part of my weekly blog post I will write about photographers which I either feel have influenced my work or have inspired idea's for future work. This week I have been looking at Sandy Kims work, which I first became aware of when it was featured in Dazed and Confused along with a great interview by the photographer Ryan McGinley. Sandy Kim is considered a talented young American photographer whose documentary photographs can be extremely beautiful. 




"She really knows how to use natural light, like early morning light, or sunset light in an apartment. She pays attention to it and that's always the sign of a good photographer, knowing when and how to use that light. She's small, a fly on the wall, with balls to pick up her arm and take the photo without asking permission. Sandy brings her camera everywhere and she's always ready and waiting for the moment". Ryan McGinley

No comments:

Post a Comment