Monday 29 November 2010

29.11.2010 Ryan McGinley



After reading Ryan McGinley's review of Sandy Kim I became much more interested in his own work. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly his series named 'Life Adjustment Center' is definitely my favourite, the black and white portraits are stunning and for once the subject matter struck my attention. I was also very much interested in the fact that he found his style through personal documentary work and then applied it to more commercial images. 

Teamgallery.com: interview with Ryan McGinley on his series with Kate Moss.

"It was a fun assignment. You learn something new from each photo-shoot and especially from shooting photographs very fast, jumping from location to location. It's not the way I normally work."


No comments:

Post a Comment