Thursday 28 April 2011

28.04.2011 The WVIL Concept Camera


After first seeing the new concept designs, released recently by the award-winning design team over at Seattle-based company Artefact, I was intrigued by the modern, slim line design and obviously interested by any new camera technology which I may use in the future. The WVIL Concept Camera was made to answer the question "what's next for camera design?" and I agree that it is a lovely design but after viewing the short video, which aims to illustrate the cameras functions I was distracted by the editing aspects of the interface where the user puts quite a distracting filter over the photograph she takes and posts it to her social network site. In some ways this could be a great opportunity to get everyone learning about camera controls and lenses but I fear that this camera will fall into the everyday snapshot category as there appears to be no control over the camera which seems to automatically adjust everything for the user. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see about this one!

http://vimeo.com/artefactgroup/wvil   

No comments:

Post a Comment